Reef Octo vs. Coralife vs. AquaC Skimmers

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Fixer10499

by Fixer10499

Which is the best? I went the LFS yesterday and they had Coralife on all the display tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

hehe, were they in sumps? Coralife works okay..........but they are touchy and very tempermental.........you will soon be bald with one. The AquaC are a great skimmer hands down. And the Octopus.......well I use a reef Octopus......and its one of the coolest skimmers I have used....and I have used all three you mentioned. My Octo doesnt have to be adjusted but maybe once a month.......it skims thick dark skimmate and will clean your tank right up. You cant go wrong with a reef octopus.

gdeeber

by gdeeber

I use to own a Coralife SupperSkimmer 65 for my 55 gallon tank. It pulled out skimmate every week but from time to time it would go crazy and overflow the skimmer cup. It is very touchy if your water perameters change. I now own a AquaC EV-120 and it works fine. I do not have a heavy bio load so I don't pull out a lot of waste. AquaC skimmers work well but for the money I would rather try something else.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Yeah thats the down side with the Aqua-C. BUT, if your willing to give Reef Octopus a shot....you seariously wont be dissapointed. Im going to get the new extreme before christmas.......hopefully, its either that or there new cone skimmer. :)

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ok ill put my 2 cents into it, i dont have a sump so i need a hang on the back skimmer, so i got the remora pro with the mag drive 3... works just fine in my opinion, never any maintainace besides cleaning the collection cup, a whopping 2 -3 inches wide and maybe 18 inches tall, not too bad.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

REEF OCTOPUS HAD ONE LOVED IT (CHEAP TO)

gumbii

by gumbii

reef octopus will out perform the other 2...

if you have a sump you should look into a vertex... they are affordable bubblekings...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

have you guys seen the new Reef Octopus skimmers? With the Insane pumps? They pull 81scfh rather then the 50 that the sicce pulls. And the other skimmers only pull 30ish with a mesh wheel. Im seariously considering buying the new super reef octo skimmer, because its a BEAST.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

gumbii

by gumbii

http://www.vertexaquaristik.com/index-en.php

i'm gonna see if i get a vertex 180 model for my 90g reef...

11 posts • Page 1 of 2