Under Gravel Filter

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

freshwaterpleco

Under Gravel Filter

by freshwaterpleco

My brother has a undergravel filter for a 1 gallon tank. And don't think it is ridicoulous because it came with the tank. All it is is a tube connecting to the ug filter and and airline tube and a bubbler getting sticked down the tube. Is that correct or is it just for 1 gallons and bigger tanks have different kinds. And i am not a expert so stop blaming everything on me. I just want to gather a lot of info so i can share it with my fish friends. I will try to be nicer. Haven't i improved. And just on this post please stay on the topic. I will update my profile pretty soon. So if anybody has an under gravel filter please share it with me. And by the way have you ever been to this website called www.aquatictalk.com. It is a horrible website and there forum stinks. There is only 198 post out of 208 members. My username is cichlid if you ever go there. But just remember try to stay on the topic of a undergravel filter please. THE END.sorry i just had to do dat. I just had to do that to.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

yes thats all there is to the ug filter, they all work the same, size makes no difference. And yes, ive noticed a difference in your postings, they are getting better. I can assure you that no body means to be rude to you, we just want a forum where good advice is given, not just any advice.

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

Thankyou spongebob

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

I have a similar tank - -it's a1 gallon hexegon - -UG plate on the bottom with a tube with an air stone in it . . never seen such a thing - -it would be a good desktop aquarium - -what would be a good fish or fishes to put in there - - im not interested in goldfish - - its really hard to believe that that air stone is enough to filter the tank?????

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

if u are thinking of putting in a goldfish you will get tons of opposition in the forums here... i asked a similar question earlier with a 5 gallon and was told it is way too small for a goldfish. I think the only fish that will work in a one gallon is a betta. The ug filter seems like a better option than regular full water changes, and will remain much cleaner. You could buy a nano penguin filter for it if u want.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

They all come with air stones and I guess if you have very coarse gravel and it's not too deep water can flow through. I'm addicted to powerheads, deeper gravel, and excessive filtration though. Freshwaterpleco. You are getting better. Just please explain your statements.

gumbii

by gumbii

yeah i picked one of those up at walmart for my sister's betta...

you could have other fish in there too... like a gourami or some tetras... but i think they are FTW with a betta rockin the joint...

Deuce15663241

by Deuce15663241

I gave my girlfriend a one gallon tank and I had a similar undergravel filter and believe it or not it made a WORLD of difference. It obviously didn't take any of the dirt out but it made the water 100% clearer.

Under Gravel Filter

8 posts