Selling a tank is a pain!

5 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I've gotten 6 different people to call in the last 3 days about a 75 gallon tank with cabinet and fluval canister filter. Cabenit, tank, and light come as a matched set.

This is a steal. Most of the calls are from kids and they don't know anything about fishtanks.

They usually are like, "and is there a filter with it?" obviously not realising that the "Fluval" filter cost $150 new!

Anyway, I'm getting tired of all these guys who can't make up their minds. They keep calling and saying they'll call back.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

lol ill have to find this out later one when i sell my stuff......... im gunna hve to try to explain to people how my fx5 has a microchip in it........ that should be where i lose people

peterkarig

by peterkarig

I've recieved calls from now 8-9 people, and only one has come over to look. It's a great deal!

The guy who came over wants it, but wasn't able to take it in his car, nor was able to pay me the gas cost to deliver it with my truck. He said that he'll get it today, ......................but we'll see.

For $100 this is a total pain in the ass, and I'm gona lose a $150 filter in this deal too.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

FINALLY!!!!!!

The guy was a middle aged Asian man who is just starting out. He liked the feeder goldfish in his pond and wanted to have fish indoors too.

I cut him 2 plexiglass inserts for the top with a cutout for the filter hoses and gave him a few plants.

I also explained the bacterial "cycle" and that it would be a good idea to have 2 canister filters, so as to alternate cleaning and retain bacteria in one while the other is being cleaned.

He even gave me an extra $10 for taling so much time explaining the hobby/

Yippi! Still more people calling though.......

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

gah i cant believe u told him that...... lol im going to be an honest man when selling my tank, im going to mention how a canister filter= nitrate factory..

5 posts