Lights Camera Action!!

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Jacuzzi7754

Lights Camera Action!!

by Jacuzzi7754

So thanks for the info on the critter from yesterday. Here is a question on where to go now. I have a 40 gallon Truvu with the built in aquasystem that has been running for about 4 months with around 25-30 pounds of live rock. Now I just have weak fluorescent lighing and I am going to upgrade to around a 200 watt halide. Question is where should I go to buy one for the best price or can i go to home depot and make one? I have found some that were used in business that are on Craigslist but I dont know if they are the same. Any overview of what I need to do would be helpful thanks all.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

hellolights.com. Problem with ballasts at HD is they suck, they are magnetic and wont burn your bulbs properly. I would spend the extra cash and get what you need. I would run two 150's which is what im running on my 45 now. Its the perfect amount of light. I have the hellolights.com system for DE bulbs.......if you want pics I will post.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

nowonder your stuff grows, 300 watts on a 45 gallon tank..... are all metal halide lights the same kelvin rating?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I use Current 14k Bulbs. They are beastly powerful. The Par value is a lot greater then other 14k bulbs, and the coloration is great. I was thinking about doing two 250's but I would have acclimation problems. Im going to add two T5 HO bulbs soon. (As soon as I get the cash) I have to buy a PH probe for my calcium reactor first.... I splurged and upgraded. But its going to be worth it in the long run.

Lights Camera Action!!

4 posts