super planted tank cycle

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

vanscheck

super planted tank cycle

by vanscheck

ok this is just out of pure curiosity...lets say you want to start a planted tank (no fish) and just go all out with the lights, co2, substrate, ferts....is there a limit? like too much co2 or too much light or too much ferts, get the point?

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I'm sure there is a limit. I don't know enough about this to really say much though. If you want to get more, often with attitude, educated answers go to www.plantgeek.com and go on their forums.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

I would say no but it would a big hassle because the plant need light and whin theres so must comotation there going to grow FAST like pruning ones a week. Whats a tank without fish!

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

You need something to produce nitrates, and without fish you'll need to find a nitrate source, which is not in any aquarium ferts I know of. I suspect the number of problems increases quickly as you increace the light, nutrients, co2, etc.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Yes, there is too much of a good thing. For example, too much light and you'll get algae growth. An imbalance of ferts will begin to show in your plants undesirably. We are creating a tiny ecosystem in a glass box and it is important to create a balance between all the necessary components. If one aspect is out of whack, you'll have problems.

Z

super planted tank cycle

5 posts