wisteria not so lush and green

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

vanscheck

by vanscheck

i have water wisteria in my tank but ive noticed its not so green as when i bought it 2 weeks ago. its still growing up but the leaves have brownish tips. i just bought nutrafin plant gro to give more nutrients and a DIY 2litre CO2 bottle, how long will it take to see the results. i have 30w in a 10g tank with no special substrate.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

There's just not enough light in your tank. Forget the co2 and ferts. You'll just grow more algae. You need better light.

Google SHO screw in flourescent light. This light looks like the new kind of household lights people are buying now to replace incandescents, but I think it's the best option as a relatively low-cost good light source for a 10 gallon.

Or you can get a better flourescent with say 2 x 35 or 65 or something watt light.

Or you could just grow low light plants of which I think are some of the best.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Oh........... you already have co2!

Time to invest MORE $$$$$~!!!

The absolute BEST lights IMO for a tank that size are the little clamp-on-the-back $300 mini halides. Yea, they're expensive, but the point source light makes beautiful ripple patterns within the tank, and they look good too.

How are you regulating the co2 level? DIY requires some pH testing and care so you don't come home to a bunch of dead fish.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Bah, water wisteria looks like something you'd find in a salad anyway.....lol.

4 posts