algea bloom?

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

NIIIIIIIIIIK9381

algea bloom?

by NIIIIIIIIIIK9381

i got a green tinge on the top of my water, from on top it looks like petrol on water, and from the bottom it lookes like a green slime type of thing.
can anyone help me, or tell me what it might be or how to get rid of it.
thanx guys, Nik

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Algea gets its nutrienties from exass light and nitrate. The best way is too cut down on feeding because food into amonea in nitrite into nitrate. Pants also take in nitrate witch cuts down on nitrate and also stylesh.

peterkarig

by peterkarig

Sounds like cayano-bacteria. It is slimy and green, and coats everything like a slimy paint or something and will come off if you wave your hand over it if you make a little wash of current.

The solution is as the above person said. Cut down on feeding and do frequent water changes and it'll eventually go away. You may have to clean the gravel and get any gunk out of the tank that's causing there to be too much nitrate in the water. When you siphon water during water changes you can also suck as much out as possible, though it will usually come back right away till it's under control.

It takes a while to get rid of usually, but it's not too serious. Nothing eats it though, so don't bother buying algae eating fish to combat it.

You could use antibiotics, though these can also kill benneficial bacteria, so I'd stay away from them.

NIIIIIIIIIIK9381

by NIIIIIIIIIIK9381

hey, thanx for the help, would plant food bring this on more than usuall, im think this cause i hardly feed my fish cause i get lazy, i would be like every 2 days or not even? anyway thanx guys, ill do that

algea bloom?

4 posts