Sand bed issues

30 posts • Page 2 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

I'm mixing up emergency water right now and have 20 gallons of seasoned water ready...............tomorrow is the final assault on the algae in my tank - attack is schedualled for dawn............lol

seriously though, i am going to clean all the glass even the back and then syphon out about 1/2 of the sand from there ive ordered a dozen nassarious snails to replace the cleaner crew i had and 6 more lil hermits and a pencil urchin to take care of the rocks, we had a power outage for 10 hrs yesterday because a cold front and the edge of hurricane bill collided right over my head basically {4 inches of rain in 25 minutes, and a small tornado about a mile from me} but anyway i checked on the tank as it sat there dead calm last night and man i had hundreds of bristle worms and pods all over the place in the calm water, so i dont want to scrub the rocks if i dont have to and kill em again - i really think and hope all my algae issues are steming from my cleaner crew dieing off over time and the deep sand bed has been developeing anarobic dead spots in it because its not being stirred and is so deep {4 inches in most spots} - - -yet again we shall see

Boss

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Do you dose Ca and Kh boss

newbie916

by newbie916

How did your final assault go Boss?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol didnt happen, blew a water pump on the jeep and ended up not doing it.......maybe tonight

no i dont dose puffed, Pimp is on my ass to start a two part regiment .......maybe ill order some tonight as well

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I dont know how you dont dose. Your crabs snails and shrimp would love you if you did. even if its just 5 ml a day. It will help you out a lot.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

i dose cal, when do i need to start worrying about my strontium and alkallinity and all that good stuff?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well the sand assualt happened yesterday..............i sucked about 30 lbs of sand out of the tank and didnt even stir up a cloud, took a razor to the glass and cleaned all the equipment, about 1/3 of the rocks have hair algae on them but i left it because i dont want to kill all the pods and stuff again. will all the cleaning and syphoning i took 60-70% of the water out so on top of everything i did a HUGE water change..............this morning the clowns almost seem to be playing and the algae looks like shit, yellowing and wilting so maybe this is a good thing...............on top of that i ordered 5 scarlet hermits, 5 margarita snaild, 5 nassarious snails and a long spine urchin last night so i have a custom nano cleaner crew on its way..................."i ask not what your fishtank can do for you but what you can do for your fish tank" i know thats Jacks quote but RIP teddy you'll be missed by the world

Boss

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

whats a o good 2 part? you cant google it or search it on supply sites so i really dont know what im looking for

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Everyone in my reef club that uses two part uses Oceans Blend........but you probably wont be able to find it that far north....I have heard good things about two little fishies Part A and Part B as well.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

yeah i ordered lil fishies C-balance 2 part

got my shipment in today, 2 of the 6 scarlet hermits were DOA [ they gave me a credit for 4} the snails and Urchin are in beautiful condition and acclimated great! the algae war is on and ive got two battles down on it..........lol

Sand bed issues

30 posts • Page 2 of 3