help with aptasia

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

breaknrun911

help with aptasia

by breaknrun911

i have a minor problem with aptasia. i kno you can buy a copper banded fish, or peppermint shrimp to get it taken care of. i have also heard you can use lemon juice (but dont you have to inject it into the aptasia?) or you can use baking soda and water. what would be the best concoction and consistency?
I have 2 atlantic nems, zoos, and some pulsating and non pulsating xenia.

SOME ONE HELP PLEASE

newbie916

by newbie916

Those guys will never completely go away. I use aiptasia control and have 4 peppermint shrimp in my tank. There's always several and when I see them I kill them. However, all it takes is a little frag from them and they spread. I heard the nudi's work pretty well, but they die off after they kill all the aiptasia.

breaknrun911

by breaknrun911

have you ever heard of the baking soda or lemon juice ?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Pickling lime. Sorry it too me so long to chime in. You can buy it in the Canning isle at your local grocery store. Be careful with it........its calcium hydroxide, this will literally burn the aiptasia fast enough to where it will not spread. It must be applied into the aiptasia with a syringe.....and you need to do low amounts at a time..........it will mess with your alkalinity and calcium if you put too much in. Its chemical compound is the same as kalkwasser.....so the PH it carries is around 12-13. Thats why you dont want to just pour it in your tank.......it will devour anything it touches.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

yeah a guy here in the reef club uses kalkwasser to do that, says it pretty much melts the aiptasia instantly, just inject it with a syringe and squeeze in a little bit

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

APTASIA X

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

APTASIA X APTASIA X

help with aptasia

7 posts