Snowflake vz. Lion

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Tien6079

Snowflake vz. Lion

by Tien6079

I have 2 lions in my tank and I just bought a 13 inch long snowflake eel. The eel was completely fine and not aggressive until feeding. While feeding he tormented the lions. One of the lions is significantly larger than the eel. Can the eel get stung and if so can it kill him? Also, I'm new to eels. I was shocked at how much he ate. I want him to grow at a decent pace so how much should I feed him and how often? By the way, I swear I posted this last night but this morning I could not find it on the forum. I hope It doesn't show up twice.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

ok first yes the eel can get stung by the lions and yes it will dye. the reason it is so agressiv during feeding is it is almost blind thay feed by sent. git you self a feeding pike. i like bob scuers thay are cheep. feed your eel with them makes controld feeding alot ezer and you can over feed both the lions and the eel . a good way to see is watch the lions belly if you see a slight bulg dont feed him anymore the eel if the same way if you over feed them you can burst there stumicks and kill them. trust me feed them each yousing the feeding pike it will help with the agresstion and stop the chance of them biting each other or worse.

Tien6079

by Tien6079

I do feed them with either a prong or a plastic skewer. I was shocked how much the eel ate and then still went after the lions. He almost bit one of the lions spines! He calmed down after a few minutes tho. I will see how he reacts next time I feed. If he gets outta hand again I will post it here and see what thoughts you have.

Snowflake vz. Lion

3 posts