i feel smart...

13 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

i feel smart...

by blueshoes2208

had a friend of mine go to san franciso for a mission trip, she took a few pics of a saltwater fish tank at an aquarium n i was able to identy the fish in it :))
i actually sounded smart for once

Tien6079

by Tien6079

Lol, I felt stupid when I first started getting interested in saltwater. I was at the Forum Shops in Caesars Palace with my wife. They have a massive tank by the Cheese Cake Factory. I was walking around it and trying to impress my wife with what I had learned about saltwater. I was hoping she would be mesmerized and agree to let me buy a large saltwater tank. Well here I am showing off and I say "now that cool fish is a tang" when out of the blue some dude pipes up and says, "actually that is a trigger"! I felt stupid Lol! He should have been minding his own business and let me impress my wife Lol!

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

lol thats pretty funny, hey at least shes your wife n not a girlfriend in that case

fihsboy

by fihsboy

HA! nice. my gf and I were at seaworld. And this guy was doing the same thing. Like ohh thats a clown and thats a trigger, and thats a pirrana. im like ohh geeze. I didnt say anything but to my gf. But she laughed. :)

Tien6079

by Tien6079

Lol! Did he name all of those fish while looking at the same tank!?!?

jweb

by jweb

Yea I do this a lot when I'm with family now they all just ask me what type of fish is what and come to me with all their aquatic questions. I am known as a wealth of useless information ahaha.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha nice. Yeah tien he was looking in the same tank. :) It was awesome. But it may not be too far fetched. They have found a way to keep fresh and saltwater fish in the SAME TANK and the SAME WATER. WTH!! Thought I would share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE2JVo4a3fE

Clown fish and goldfish in the same tank. successfully.......

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

????????????????????

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

well i didnt watch all the video, nor do i have audio but that is pretty crazy. i would think the goldfish could handle higher salinity since its entire species has been mutilated and tortured through the invention of the fish bowl but i wouldnt think the clown, even being as hardy as it is could handle such brackish water. Any guesses at what hte sg is ??? 1.015 or so?

Tien6079

by Tien6079

That is an odd video to say the least. Platys and Guppies can thrive in really high salinity. Platys and mollies live in brackish water. As for the goldfish, I have no clue other than they can take a beating. Well, I sure didn't see a piranha in there lol!

i feel smart...

13 posts • Page 1 of 2