Cheap wavemaker. :)

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

http://www.idjnow.com/StoreModules/Prod ... D=--DeID=0

Hook it up to 4 or less powerheads.....and it works great! My buddy has one on his tank. its SAWEET.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

I would rather get the RK lite..A few bucks more but does 10X what that would do...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha, its like 70 bucks more pimp. Boss was just saying he like to get his hands wet....so I was thinking along those lines. :) Im going to wait maybe a year or so before I look into buying a controller. I want prices to drop and technology to go up. There still a little steep. The one I want is 500. and I dont want to drop that much.........yet. haha

gumbii

by gumbii

but does it completely cut off the current, or does it just lower the current to the pump...?

the reason i ask is because with other switch on/off wave makers depending on the pump it will chatter at start up and lower the life of them... if it doesn't make noise i'll get one for my future frag setup...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Well, we use airline tubing between the impeller and the casing for the koralias. I say we like i do it. Its with the lfs's tank. But I help out a lot so its a we statement. Im probably going to look into the MP20.......im not sure if the MP10 will hold on my glass....still looking into it.

5 posts