Finally!!!!

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

codyren9730

Finally!!!!

by codyren9730

I finally got to go down and look at my new tank, I have to go back and pick it up in a flatbed truck in a week, but I finally got to see "MY" own 125 gal fishtank! I dont know if its just me or every hobbyist but even though it was not ceaned or anything yet, the thing looked amazing and made me get goosebumps when I walked into their back room!! Now that I have the tank, comes everything else. I have recently made really good friends with my next door neighbor who I just found out is in furniture design at one of the most credited art colleges in the nation, and he has decided to help build a custom stand and canopy as one of his projects for school. He gets everythign at cost and said as long a I helped him out he wouldnt charge me anything besides parts. He said he is going to put a twist in it and make it look different than I have ever seen before, so I am stoked about that!!! My next step is to get the lighting fixture and the sump. So I think I have decided to go with a 72" Hamilton fixture with 3 x 150 MH 14k with 4-96 watt actinics with 4 moonlight LEDS. If I have an enclosed canopy how far will that light have to be off the water?
d709c-0719091617[1].JPG
d505c-0719091617a[2].JPG

fihsboy

by fihsboy

with those bulbs your going to want around 6-8 inches of clearance....I have 4 and its not hurting anything.......but it doesnt spread out as much. I would do around 6-8 thats optimal for performance and cooling. :)

Finally!!!!

2 posts