Eco Aqualizer

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

Eco Aqualizer

by fihsboy

I remember someone was talking about trying it on here.....and said it was working pretty well. Heres the facts.

http://www.reefs.org/library/testing/ecoaqualizer

fishchum

by fishchum

Looks like a wast of money.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Yeah, time to cook up a new flux capictor. :) Its claims are bold and I have a buddy that tried it out and was raving about it............until he read this. boy did he feel dumb. Im like......juan........you could have just bought a couple of magnets and put them on the side of your tank with decent flow and did the same thing.

newbie916

by newbie916

Yep, I am one of those suckers..haha However, I don't know if it was the Eco Aqualizer or my tank stablizing on it's own, but I haven't had any green hair algae for 8 months now. It was literally full of the crap in my old tank. I moved it over to my new tank 8 months ago and pulled all the green hair off and bought a Long Spined Urchin. All of the hair algae died off. My Blue tang always fights with the urchin as well. You know who wins and her puncture wounds heal within hours.

I don't know if it's just good husbandry or if the thing really works. All I know is that I didn't want to return it because I was afraid of having to deal with the algae and nitrate issue again.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Well im sure your urchin and tang are doing most of your work on the hair algae. But hey, maybe, I guess you never know. I would go out on a limb though and say your tank is probably maturing and you probably cut back feeding and skimming better......and you have more flow......etc etc. :)

newbie916

by newbie916

I would probably have to agree with you. Just lovin my tank right now, since I don't have any more issues. Thank God....haha

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

WTF.....''I don't know if it's just good husbandry or if the thing really works. All I know is that I didn't want to return it because I was afraid of having to deal with the algae and nitrate issue again."" Husbandry would be my guess ... +^

Eco Aqualizer

7 posts