salty water

39 posts • Page 2 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

did you buy these online or your going back to the lfs???

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i think it was like guys will you shut your mouth i am a expert at fish. and be nicer to me...lol bringing back old stuff...lmao

snowboss

by snowboss

I havn't purchased the fish yet but I am going to order them online = =the 3 LFS's around me have proven they are great at pushing crap products and teaching how to trash a tank quickly and kill fish - - I am a little nervous about going online for them but I have read some reasonably positive expieriences from a few people buying online - -it's definately not my first choice in fish purchaseing = = but with my track record if it works I'll be a much happier hobbiest - - i was totally kidding if anyone took offense to the reterect in this post, lol

im going with Liveaquaria.com for these purchases - - - - -we'll see what happens

milky648

by milky648

Hey question is a 10 gallon to small to do a littel saltwater tank with small fish id like to know bevore i jump into it or do i havto get like 30 g??????????

snowboss

by snowboss

believe it or not - -larger tanks are easier than smaller ones - -with the close tolerances of saltwater a small problem in a large tank isn't a major event and can be handled easily - a small problem in a small tank gets huge real quick - - [ in laymans terms a problem rated at 10% [problems aren't rated this is an example] will affect 1 gallon out of ten in a 10 gallon and 3 gallons out of thirty ina 30 gallon - -so would you rather have a safety buffer of 9 gallons or 27?] hope this isn't to confuseing,lol. I have a 20 gallon and am upgradeing to 65 pretty soon - -wish someone had told me this from the beginning - -BUT - -small salt tanks i.e. NANO tanks are and can be really cool - - I plan on useing my 20 gallon long tank for a Volitan Lion or a scorpion with a few nice corals {one fish only} tank when the big one is done

NANO - the average public opinion is anything under 30 gallons [some differ from under 20 to extreamist who consider under 5 gallons only] - -just a thought

also keep in mind that there are 3 basic salt tank catagories
1. FO = fish only [easiest to maintain]
2. FOWLR = fish only with live rock {mine} not much harder than a fish only, filtration, lighting and skimming being a little more involved
3. REEF - by far the most beautiful in the saltwater tank world {IMO} but also BY FAR the hardest to maintain

all start with the basics but make sure you choose one and read up on it before starting - -good luck, Snowboss

milky648

by milky648

well then thanks ya ill read up on it more i asked my person at athe pet sotre preaty mutch said the same thing so i might just keep it a comunity tank. I dont want problems and waist my $$ thanks

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Today I noticed that my 6 line wrasse has 2 eyes. Is this normal? One of them on the left and the other on the right side...Please help because I'm about to cry both of my eyes out...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

OMG !!!! i am getting ready to order a couple clowns online .............. and they have eyes on both sides too....I wonder if people are breeding them this way and havn't told us thinking we won't notice ????? im tellin you what...you can't get much past the Snowboss........two eyes ......yeah, like i wouldn't notice

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i never heard of a fish with 2 eyes. kill it

angus4481

by angus4481

wow, i gotta take a breather after lmfao.wheeeeeew! hey, the fish with two eyes, isn't that the one that licks itself like a dog? just be careful buying it, i hear they hump ur leg. lmfao!

salty water

39 posts • Page 2 of 4