Finally able to stock fish in 80 gallon tank

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

adamcore

by adamcore

Due to job loss due to the economy I wasn't able to do exactly what I wanted to do with the tank but I'm sure that will happen over time. Check out the picture I posted, I think everything ended up coming out pretty good with the materials that I had on hand!
ae72e-camera pictures 056.JPG
1f1a4-camera pictures 057.JPG
8b400-camera pictures 063.JPG
09d83-camera pictures 062.JPG
2fec4-camera pictures 064.JPG

zambize

by zambize

Looks good. I like the stacks you've made, and I like the substrate. Couple of thoughts. Personally, and since you want feedback, I would take out two rocks. The little round one near the very top of the stack on the left. It doesn't match the rocks in the stack and it kind of stands out. It also makes the stack look precarious, like it's going to fall, whether it is or not. And I'd remove the big round rock in the front on the right. It doesn't add anything and I think it would look better without it. Being able to see the pretty sand and the stack behind it would be nice, I think. Also, consider a black background. I use black backgrounds in all my tanks and it really makes for a classy-looking tank. I helps hide the equipment and it makes the colors of the fish really pop out. There should be black on the back side of your blue backing, just try it out and see what you think.

Your tank looks great, especially for a limited budget. Very calm and peaceful.

Z

2 posts