Death of a Valentine Gift....

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Tien6079

by Tien6079

So I bought a new Hawaiian Black Trigger about a month ago. Gorgeous fish, but I nick named him "Bitch" because thats what he was! This was my first trigger but I was told the Hawaiian Blacks were a little more docile, but not this one! He bothered the heck out of my cat fish and stone fish and would steal the food out of the prongs as I tried to feed the other fish! Well, I have to take him back cuz he killed my stonefish! We came home from vacation the other day and I found my stonefish dried up on my carpet! My wife bought me the fish for valentines day! My best guess is that the trigger chased him to the top and he jumped out of the tank! I assumed the trigger would leave the stonefish alone as he does the lion. I was wrong lol! Anyway, it has been a good learning experience. I have two mono sebae to replace him though!

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

could of jumped just on his own. ???

Tien6079

by Tien6079

I thought he might have, but he would really have had to squeeze through the thin opening between the glass top and the rock wall of the tank. He generally chills at the top, but I didn't think he could fit. My best guess is that the trigger nipped at him while at the top, causing him to wedge him self in the opening. Im sure as the trigger continued to nip the stonefish he eventually squeezed out and jumped.

3 posts