Cichlids anyone??

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Y4ND3L

Cichlids anyone??

by Y4ND3L

Anyone, I just recently started my new tank and its ready and everything I already have two fish in their a female and male <Melanochromis auratus> but I want to add other cichlids. The question what famous pet shops , places or websites can I go to shop for not that expensive cichlid fish? Because theres stores that sell fish about 1 inch in lenght and they cost absurdly to much!! help

gumbii

by gumbii

well since you allready got a pair of auratus... i say don't get anymore fish... lol...

those guys are the most aggressive cichlids in the trade... unless you want to make it a species tank... a 1 male to 3 female ratio tank would work out... like 4 male auratus with 16 females would be a very successful cihlid tank...

Y4ND3L

by Y4ND3L

O K well thanks for the advice!!!

sapperdaddy

by sapperdaddy

Hey check out my tank I have a pair of Melanochromis auratus with other cichlids, I got the smaller cichlids of ebay, they had a buy it now on 20 mixed cichlids for $60 with i thought was a good deal plus they had free shipping! check em out just look for african cichlids and free shipping!

JazzyD_KingRoy

by JazzyD_KingRoy

It can work with the auratus, but you need a big tank(70 or more) lots of rocks and hiding places, and it helps if you start with other cichlids first, then add the auratus. oh and try to make sure that the other fish are about the same size or slightly bigger. Check out my tank. It can work.
PS. adding 20 cichlids to a tank at one time cam become a distaster! Do more reserch b4 adding fish.
cichlidfourm.com is great. check out the profiles and look at your fish b4 u buy.
a pair of chipokae, will do good with them too.
Hope this helps. JazzyD954

Cichlids anyone??

5 posts