Xenia

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

breaknrun911

Xenia

by breaknrun911

I have uploaded a photo that has a small amount of Xenia that I got from my lfs but it came with another coral that i dont know if it is a infant piece of Xenia or another coral. when the photo uploads to my page please identify for me.

Thanks guys

jweb

by jweb

You could've just uploaded it to the post. We can see the posted photos by hitting reply on your post.

breaknrun911

by breaknrun911

oh. well now i know. well when it does post can ya'll take a llok?

gumbii

by gumbii

what...?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

If its the xenia behind your clown, whatca want to know? It looks like an elongated stalk of Heteroxenia. They dont pulse....but they grow like weeds. They grow long stalks like that if they are lacking light, or if the flow is excessive in your tank. Everytime I see zoas or xenia with long stalks....I can tell they are under low lighting. If you were to get a mesh bag.....put a piece of that xenia in the bag.....and attach the bag to a power head......the xenia would attach to the bag....grow through it and get really really long. Easy way to frag xenia....:) OR you could run a xenia scruber......the reason they grow so fast is because they soak up excess nutrients. Its a nice coral, but invasive. as you move to higher and more expensive corals, you will probably sell your xenia fast. :) But for now, its a very pretty coral.

breaknrun911

by breaknrun911

the xenia that is behind my black clown is a mature stalk of xenia. there is some smaller stalks that you cant really see until the photo that i posted has been approved. once it approves ill put up another post. didnt think it would take this long to approve

breaknrun911

by breaknrun911

the xenia that is behind my black clown is a mature stalk of xenia. there is some smaller stalks that you cant really see until the photo that i posted has been approved. once it approves ill put up another post. didnt think it would take this long to approve

Xenia

7 posts