blue maxima clam

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

breaknrun911

blue maxima clam

by breaknrun911

a friend of mine was having trouble selling is blue maxima clam ( i think he was asking to much) so he decided he wanted me to have it. but before i take it i did some research,
it says Care Level: Moderate Temperament: Peaceful Reef Compatible: Yes Lighting: High
Waterflow: Medium Placement: Bottom to Middle Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.023-1.025 Max. Size: 1' Color Form: Assorted, Blue, Purple Diet: Filter Feeder Supplements: Calcium, Trace Elements. and duh.....i know its a filter feeder.
What exactly is the "high" lighting recommendations? And my substrate is crushed coral, do the clams prefer something else or is that ok? is there anything else i should know. BTW its about 6.5 inches and he was asking 250.00-300.00

newbie916

by newbie916

Your right, he was asking too much:) It's probably worth $125 maximum. I currently have two maxima's and a crocea clam in my 95 gallon. I had them under T-5's in my old tank and now have them under MH's. They're really easy to care for. You need to make sure that you supplement with strontium, calcium, Iodine, magnesium, and trace elements. I usually add phytofeast every 2-3 days, but they're really easy to care for. I don't think they'll mind the crushed coral bottom, but mine are on argonite live sand and they love to sink into it. They need decent lite water flow going over there mantles for breathing and feeding. All in all really easy to care for. Good luck

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Try this site mate, the best info around

They have a dedicated clam section

http://www.reefaquariumforum.com/forum.html

blue maxima clam

3 posts