Reef food, Anyone interested?

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Im trying to see if anyone would be interested in buying a pack of food if I make it. Im going to make a mash. Im going to use RO water and rinse everything.....going to use scallops, squid, octopus, shrimp, fish, oysters, selcon, mysis shrimp, mussles, Green Nori, Garlic extreme, and maybe oyster eggs as well. Im going to make various particle sizes in the mash, freeze them in bags with air pulled out and if anyone is interested.......well im going to make more. If not.....im just going to make 7-10lbs. Enough to supply around here, and see how it goes. It will probably be a lb bag for I have no idea how much. This stuff is going to cost me a little to make. Its going to be very very nutritous and its going to have tons of good stuff in it. :)

jweb

by jweb

Making your own stuff is always better. The food keeps all its nutrients because you don't put it through various processes like factories do. I'd be interested but it would probably be cheaper for me to just buy the stuff here and make it lol.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Bit expensive to get it to OZ Fishboy.LOL

fihsboy

by fihsboy

no one around here is interested. So im going to make a small blend. Everyone keeps telling me all the food is sprayed with preservatives....but Im going to buy fresh shrimp and squid for fishing from a tackle shop......everything should be fresh. And Im going to rinse it really really well before I do anything with it.

jweb

by jweb

Just buy it from a fresh seafood store or catch some bait fish in a cast net. They'd be free.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I found a store locally that sells fish on ice. No preservatives. :)

6 posts