lonely clown??

17 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

lonely clown??

by Snowboss4492

ok it's getting close......I am going to be adding my first fish {after a catostrophic lose about 6 weeks ago} in about a week - - the family opinion of course is "NEMO" lol but after doing some research I'm a little gun shy about taking care of an anenome - -so how many people are keeping clowns without anenome's out here and what's the general opinion on doing this? - -also there seems to be so many different combinations of specific clowns with specific anenome's - - I would also be interested in a pair of clowns as well - advice ??? good easy clown and anenome suggestion? good type of clown to pair up, good type of single clown - - - -well enough clowning around {i slay myself, lol} thoughts?...........snowboss

eazy4647

by eazy4647

boss,,,man..dont do it. get the anome. i got a nemo. no anome. and poor guy just sits in the spot behind the heater. he LOVES it there. wont come out if not to eat. he originally had a tank mate. till he started beating the smaller poor little maroon clown up. so i returned the maroon clown and couldnt just get any fish. because he isnt paired with it. so hes lonely. im going tomorrow to buy a anome. cant stand to see him there all day..it sucks ;[

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Hey Snowboss,
I had a pair of Perculas (wild)about 4 years ago, and they were absolutely fine without any anemones, but they wre kinda' aggressive. Later on when I had my gold striped maroon clowns, ( which more aggr. than perculas)and I found out that they are less aggressive if they have an anemone that give them host. They're Like to chill there a lot. I had luck with seabea anemones. Ritteri anemones are one of the best host givers for almost any kind of clowns, the only problem that is kinda' pricey. Do some research on Ritteri anemos, it won't hurt. If you go without the anemones, go get a tank raised clown. They'll be absolutely fine without any anomenes. They won't grow as big as the wild ones, but they're very entertaining. They'll eat out of your hands like a baby:-) I belive they're less aggressive as well. Easy now...

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

my gold striped maroon hosted my toadstool leather... also if you get 2 they will change sex . you will have a male and a female. you can try breeding them. get em boss you have waited long enough. i know its killing you. it like watching paint dry..lol

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

christ you got that right - - i have two ocelaris clowns and a coral beauty angel in the que on live aquaria with 5 dwarf red tip hermit crabs [1/4 to 1/2 sized] - -i am a little concerned about the angel though - -says 30 gallon tank but i've seen them in much smaller tanks - - input ? i'm not pushing the checkout button until this saturday {LMAO - -have you seen the chinese guy buying stocks commercial with his whole family sitting around him cheering him on? well thats the Boss' house these days} - -so input input input -- - Snowboss

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i would just get the 2 for now, hold off on the angel. let you tank adjust to the bioload and nutrients from the food

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Boss, don't even think about to get an angel right now. If I were you,I'd put only 1 in there at the time. 20G is a small size man. Be careful. I know it's cheaper to get more at the time, but belive me, you can loose all the money that you're about to put into. How about a lawnmower blennie?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

not a problem i already removed the angel - -ill wait for the 65 for that one - - i still want 2 clowns though - they will come in quiet small [3/4 to 1 inch] i thought about a lawnmower blennie long and hard and would really like one -my concern is for hm to get enought to eat - - - lol I finally have gotten to a point where my tank is pretty clean all the time [i need to update my pic, she is beautiful now] thoughts on the blennie - -i really like the idea of having a bottom dweller - -and if i get the blennie - -should i scrap the hermit crabs - - what im shooting for is a sand cleaner [detritus removal]

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

hermits will not eat detritus.nor will blennies. try cucummbers or sand sifting snails. hold on the stars for now. but serpent are hard workers

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

snails im ok with - -those cucumbers will turn inside out and poison the tank if something goes wrong - - - and with my luck...........well you know,lol

sounds lke a handfull of bumble bees and 2 clowns

serpents ?????

lonely clown??

17 posts • Page 1 of 2