Steal of the year!

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

Steal of the year!

by fihsboy

I just bought a 45 gallon tank stand and canopy with a wet dry pump protein skimmer and overflow box.....50 dollars!!!!! The guy I bought it from wanted 80 for it......then he said since I came and got it out of his way so fast he would give it to me for 50. Im pretty excited.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

sweet - - -tall tanks are beautiful - - pimp used to have a tall 65 and it was sick !!!!!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Im hoping everything will make the transition okay. I think im going to get the owner at the lfs to fish/coral sit for me for a few weeks while I set up the new tank. Selling all the old equipment, such as my scwd and my mad 9.5. Probably going to run two koralia 2's now that I have the height to hide them. :)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

whats the head on the 9.5 mag? i might be unterested i need a smaller pump for a secondary return on the new tank

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha. its plenty. Have you ever used a mag drive? 750 gph at a 5 ft head. They are strong as hurcules. It shuts off at 14 feet. and 100 gph at 13 feet. Now will it shoot water out of a basement? probably not. I would get the mag 36 for that. :) Then you would have no worries. Are you running two returns? whats going on with the build boss?

http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=555

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

still trying to get the house finished up, momma says no tank work till the house is done, so it just sits there empty..............

i have a blueline hd-x return pump right now

http://www.aquacave.com/blueline-40-hd- ... p-534.html

how much you want for the mag - -it would be a good back up or i might run two returns, there are 2 on the tank already but they are piped together right now, i was thinking about running one as a constant return and the other pump {like your mag} on a pulse timer for wave action. depends on weather the blue line will keep up with the two over flows or not - - -ill just have to experiment with it.

i am going to convert my sump into a algae screen, actually 2 screens where the bio balls go and then put the euroreef skimmer in the other section then from there drop into a 55 gallon fuge/frag tank for the returns

oh the plans ...........lol i cant wait to get started i have to have the tank cycled by the end of September as i want to go to the MACNA convention with Pimp and score some hard to find treats to bring home {corals}

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Yeah, we have a huge convention july 25th.......I want to go......but with everything going on theres no way I can afford it. ohh well. no biggie.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

yeah id like to go but with this house build and trying to set up the new tank, another 300-500 bucks for a weekend get away plus whatever i might spend on stuff just might not be feezable right now........man this sucks!!! lol

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Boss why dont you add a Ocean Motion ? Also Anyone ever look at these or use them, These would save a ton of money in the long run.If the put out enough PAR.

~MACNA~ Calfo is going to be there OMG!!!

Steal of the year!

9 posts