Multistaltic Pump Question

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Stevek9377

by Stevek9377

Needed advice from somebody with experience using this pump for calcium dosage in my salt water tank.
Any pros and cons using this equipment ?

Thank you.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

disaster waiting to happen. Unless you buy a medical grade dosing system, it wont work. they sell systems for that.......but they are expensive. Best alternative........drip kalkwasser. or Auto top off with kalkwasser.

tngo2299

by tngo2299

hi everyone, what should i buy to restore my fish color back...

Stevek9377

by Stevek9377

Thank you Fishboy for response on my post. I got little update about my dosing system. month ago I was able to purchase this piece of equipment on eBay- Labconco multistaltic pump (model# 426-2000). I am very happy with the result. Mine set up is working with without any problem. I had a couple issue with purchase supplies for this pump. Unfortunately company who make this pump no longer provide replacement parts. I went to local hobby shop and I was able to find tubing and belt suitable for this setup, together whit electric timer I was able to control amount of dosage of chemicals for my saltwater aquarium. You can control up to four different chemicals(same speed of dosing). After testing in slowest speed it takes about 29 minutes for 10 ML of solution be distributed. you can also add purified water to your chemicals for greater control of distribution. Electric timer can be set up for many short cycles. By small dosage of chemicals (calcium ect.) stress on tank can be greatly reduce. I just hope that the information is going to help some of you guys.

And finally response to the gentleman above I recommended Home Depot. They have good supply of black paint.

Stevek9377

by Stevek9377

ok
Last edited by Stevek9377 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Got pics of yoursetup with the pump? Im interested. Ive been dosing sugar.....but im moving over to Vodka. Also, I can use it to dose two parts. any pics are appreciated!

Stevek9377

by Stevek9377

0fed4-pump5.jpg

7 posts