in the tank?????

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

in the tank?????

by Snowboss4492

ok people - - -here's a question about decor - - - it hasn't happened to me yet, but, the wife and daughter and I go to a little beach in Rhode Island a couple times a year, my consern is ....there are soon going to be 2 salt water tanks in the house and my girls are going to want to bring something home from the ocean and put it into the tank - - - -now i'm smart enough not to drop a live or dieing creature picked up off the beach into my tank - -but what about that cool shell one of them finds or drift wood etc etc etc - -they have already asked and I've been able to keep them at bay explaining that if it washes up on the beach it's because it's dead and shouldn't be in our tanks - - -but if i can put something they find in there it would be cool too....thoughts?????

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

shells would work. boil them to get off the bad bacteria. you cant tell the wife and kid no....i would als walk right past the drift wood.. dont even look at it..lol

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i kinda figured the drift wood was out - - my daughter boyfriend has a nice 29 gallon fresh tank and he put drift wood in it - - -dealt with "tea" colored water for a month, lol - - man it looks cool though - -he's posted some where on here - -ill get his screen name - -he as a large stone fish , wild lookin thing

rocks from the beach? same thing? boil them first and they should be ok?

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

yea boil them all it is the safest way, one of my freinds used concret in his tank....but thats crazy..i would not try it. i has 2 banded sharks and there still alive.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

wow...yeah the daughters BF was reseaching DIY 3D backgrounds and decided useing concreate would be trouble with the lime content - - -good for him to have had it work - - i don't think id try it

in the tank?????

5 posts