So many organisms in my tank!

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jweb

by jweb

I was looking at the tank the other night and the floor of the tank was just moving with all kinds of life. Little tiny copepods and amphipods, and peanut worms coming out of holes in rocks and in the sand, and bristle worms climbing over rocks and through the sand. It's insane!

newbie916

by newbie916

It's pretty neat looking at the tanks at night and watching all of the nocturnal life. The moonlights are awesome and allow you to enjoy your tank day and night.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I love to watch nassarious snails pop out of the sand. Guests in our house LOVE them. I tell them theres over 100 snails in my tank.......and they look at me like im stupid....I put a little food in. BAM, there everywhere! Its cool. Glad to see your tank is healthy and on its way to sucess!

jweb

by jweb

Yea I can't believe how many copepods I have. That live rock and sand that guy gave me must have just been loaded with them. You have to look really hard, but when you finally see these tiny things, you notice them all over the place. The filter sponge in my sump near the pump is full of them crawling all over it. I assume they are eating stuff on it.

4 posts