k i need an answer asap

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

k i need an answer asap

by blueshoes2208

i need to know if my nem is dead or what so i can take it out of the tank before it kills everything else.

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv20 ... 0_3074.jpg

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv20 ... 0_3220.jpg

jweb

by jweb

That first pic is Xenia. It just looks like it's closed up. You need to clean that tank mister.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

take the pic with the flash off

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

haha whoops wrong link.......... well he moved rocks so hes not dead....... he wouldnt eat a silverside i tried to give him... the guys on the other site im posting on say that the zooanthelae bacteria taht give them color either died or left it. Agree?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

completly. which means health is bad. obviously. I know I sound goofy....but I still say it could be your light. Obviously not your nitrate problem......but your bleaching and unhappy corals...probably your light. When I change my bulbs.........my tank looks like another tank.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

so you dont think it was because my sg was over 1.030 for a week or so that hes unhappy? The other guys said it could take months for the bacteria to return to him. Ill look into that timer though, i had 13 $ in my checking account yesterday...... and then got 10 bucks worth of gas so before this morning i had 3$ in my checking...thankfully i get paid today....

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I hear you blue, a lot of us are in the same boat. and its sinking fast. I think your salinity being that high had a lot to do with it, but I have seen a whole tank crash because the bulbs were over do to be replaced and he used off brand bulbs. My lfs had his metal halides in his tank for almost two years.....and it finally crashed last week. Every coral has bleached mostly or all the way. its a mess. His parameters are stable.....he was dosing properly and after he changed the bulb two days ago....some of the partially bleached corals started to show a little life in them. Zooanthela live on light, its like plankton or chlorophyll (in plants) without proper lighting spectrum, they wont grow and show colors like they should. As long as your tank stays a stable salinity, I think it will come back. Its going to take time though, these zooanthelae's don't just come back. As long as you feed him at least every other week or once a week, he should be okay with stable parameters.

k i need an answer asap

7 posts