Need answer ASAP! PLEASE!

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jweb

by jweb

I accidentally tore a peice of the base of my mushroom. I am wondering if it will regrow or if there is a chance that it can poison my tank. Should I take it out? what should I do? please help!

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Leave it...

jweb

by jweb

okay thanks =)

fihsboy

by fihsboy

at least you didnt squirt your eye like I did with mine. I was cutting a piece off....right in the eye. I was freaking out! Needless to say my vision is fine....and so is the tank. Like pimp said ur good. I wish there was an easy way to re locate shrooms.

jweb

by jweb

Well, when I first got them they were on the live rock but in a place that no light reached. The guy didn't even know that they were there. They just easily slipped off of the rock and he put them in a plastic bag for me. I turned off all of my powerheads for a day and placed them in a nice spot and they stuck. I just wanted to move one of them because it was in the back of the tank and very hard to see. He's all shriveled up now, but still clinging to that rock. I hope he gets back to normal again...

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Ha thats funny, the first time i propagated a yumma it squirted me in the face also.like a strem of piss..:) ..yummy...Yummas are not so cool about a ripped foot..
most likely it would die..
Mushrooms are not that hard to remove from a rock once you do it a few times.use a blunt object..popsicle stick ect..once the edge is up you can grab the base with your fingers and pull gently.

6 posts