Sold some fry on Craigslist

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Just wanted to share with you all who are raising fry.

I have been trading mine with a lfs for credit. Well, I put my old acrylic tank on sale on Craigslist and added an add to see if I could sell my African fry. It actually worked! Yellow Labs and Red Zebras sell at lfs for $7.99 and up at an inch and a half, so I did $5 each. I just sold 10 yesterday for $30. The people emailed asking how much for 10, so I made them a deal. That is better than the credit I get! I will ask more for my Bolivian Ram fry when they get a tad bigger. They go for $14.99 here and are very, very hard to find. I will try again when my Ice Blue's get bigger, but have a feeling I will have trouble selling the females since the males are the beautiful blue and females are a drab brown. But, I may get lucky, someone looking to set up a breeding group like me. I know I would love to find males and females of certain hard to find Africans.

I have a guy picking up my 55 acrylic today (sold in 3 days, I get my money back anyways) and maybe take the last 7 fry off my hands.

I don't know how well fry like guppies and platys would sell, but African Mbuna do fast! Guppy and Platy fry might not sell so well since they are in all the stores. If you try, I'd go about half price because people seem to buy more at once that way.

This is my add: https://post.craigslist.org/manage/1159478840/764mf

adehaan86

by adehaan86

Guppies sell in my area very quickly, but again they call guppies the million fish but they still want 4.50 for 1 male or 1 female. I'm thinking about selling a buch for 50 cents. When there so cheap to breed It doesn't matter to me. Escially when about 100 guppies were just giving to me. Easy money maker. I just hope they don't take over my tank.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I was just looking at them at Petsmart. They are $3 for a male, $1.50 for a female. Thinking of getting a few for my 10 gallon for while its empty of fry. When I need to put African or Ram fry in there I can move the guppies to my planted tank.

adehaan86

by adehaan86

Wow your prices are way cheaper, I have not had much luck breeding guppies in the past I have only had 1 batch. But now I got 2 males taking on 8 females. that could be a little too many females for me lol

josmoloco

by josmoloco

I have like 20 peacock fry and 10 labs right now, I plan to sell them when the get to a inch..... Local prices labs 10.00 and peacocks are totaly unavalible...

I realy like craigslist sometimes, I just bought myself a truck off there, but other times it sucks......

http://cichlidforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... 76cb5937ae

5 posts