Jumping fish

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

gldntrmite

Jumping fish

by gldntrmite

Got to work today, first thing i do is check out the tank since it's in the lobby. At some point over the weekend my Carpenter Wrasse bailed out of the tank and i discovered him on the carpet next to the tank.

Anyone have any ideas why they jump out of the tank? 95% of the tank is covered with a glass lid, just the very back, 1 inch of the tank is open for cords etc...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

maybe he was being bullied??? wrasse can swim like lightning more so than others and of course murphys law says if a fish can fit through it will find it

sorry for the lose bud

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

dude I had a six line wrasse do the same thing! There was maybe 2 inches in the back he could have got out of.....and he did. Use a light screaning or something soft that will allow air flow on the back of your canopy that will knock the little guys back in if they jump. Im using the light covers from the ceilings.....and I cut them down. If he jumps.....he jumps into that and it will knock him back in. Sorry about your loss man!

gldntrmite

by gldntrmite

thanks for the advice, never thought about using a screening material.

He wasn't getting bullied, we did get some real strong storms so i wonder if the lightning and thunder got him worked up and he just bailed.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Well....i know what happened to mine......My grandma is a HUGE gator fan.....and always calls my fish the gator fish. Well we had company come to town, and hes a HUGE alabama fan.....and they are rivals. So my cousin (alabama fan) keeps tellin the damn fish hes going to get it.....well after he left the fish was gone....no where to be found. until two weeks later.....he was on the floor behind the tank. haha. Im kidding of course. I can imagine where lighting would make fish jump around.

gldntrmite

by gldntrmite

LOL, damn Bama fans!!!!

littlej2455

by littlej2455

Go Gators! If you're not a gator, you're gator bait!

gldntrmite

by gldntrmite

Well, being from Missouri.... i gotta root for my team.... MIZZOU!!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Hell im a Florida State fan.....I have nothing to say to anyone. We are in a rut....and Bobby needs to retire.

Jumping fish

9 posts