Zoa pox cure?

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

newbie916

Zoa pox cure?

by newbie916

Hey guys,

I've been doing some research on why my Blue Hornets may be dying off. I believe it's zoa pox because I see some white spots at the base of some of the polyps. Anyone ever dip their zoas in Feron-2? I'm thinking about doing this and are there any negative side effects from your experience. Sorry my pics aren't clean enough for me to post.

Thanks

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Furan 2 has no side affects from what i read. If thats it i would start dipping now before its to late, also i would dip your others too.

newbie916

by newbie916

Thanks pimp, I'll start dipping both of the frags tomorrow

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Well Whats the status ?

newbie916

by newbie916

Everything is decently well. I dosed both the zoa's frags in Furan-2 and it seemed to help. The first frag are losing two more, so I'm down to 8 from 20 three weeks ago. However, the other frag has only lost 1 polyp and I have 24 left.

I noticed that my corals aren't as vibrant as they are in the LFS's. I think my 150 watt MH's are 10k... Are the 20k's better for color?

Thanks for checking in pimp. This hobby's freakin crazy addicting and you get really involved. It's not the money lost when a coral died. It's the kick in the nuts of all the hard work and effort you make to have a thriving reef.

Zoa pox cure?

5 posts