tank crash??

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

tank crash??

by blueshoes2208

Ok, to save my life i cannot figure out what is going on, my nem is going crazy moving all over the place, it has been a real pale white color the past 2 weeks and one day some of it was even see through, my zoo's and my clove polyps are thriving but my 130$ xenia is dying/died i think. I took a water sample to the fish store today and my nitrates are fine, 15-20 ppm, ( not quite the optimal 0 but o well), sg of 1.023, temp at 78, i sometimes get a high temp of about 82 during the day cuz its 103 degrees out. I havent checked my ammonia levels lately, my ph might be a little low at 8.1 or so, nitrites are 0, calcium is 480, i dont have an iodine test kit..... wtf is happening??? when i was at hte lfs i saw what my xenias looked like when i first got tehm.... damn.... if they arent pulsating does that mean they are dead??? they still react to water flow, light, etc so i wouldnt think so but why arent they expanded and stuff???? P.s ....................... marineland activated carbon + kent marine nitrogen sponge = crystal clear tank. Plz post on this, concerns are high..........

newbie916

by newbie916

The Xenia's shrivel up and disappear. I lost my thriving colony a few weeks ago. However, my anemone was fine. I started adding strontium, iodide, and magnesium and my tank is better than ever.

I heard that the xenia's are very sensitive.. Add some Ph buffer and make sure there hasn't been a sudden change in phosphates. I heard that shocks them

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ok umm...... what exactly are trace elements

tank crash??

3 posts