LIVE SAND...

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

NAGABEAST

LIVE SAND...

by NAGABEAST

Quick question...With live sand how does prepackaged wet live sand compare to live sand that is actually maintained in tank??? I would assume the maintained sand would be of greater quality but is the prepackaged live sand that has water in it good??? If it is, any brands/kinds that are better than others??? Or any suggestions...Thanx...

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

really i have no idea what is actually in the live sand that is in the bag, i looked in the bag befroe i poured mine in a long time back and i didnt see anything.... i put 20 lbs of that in, and 60 lbs of dry sand in along with 3 lbs or so of sand from a refugium that had been set up for 5 years off ebay... when i look at my sand in my tank i can see worms crawling around and that is just on the edge.... i have no idea waht is in the middle.... If i were you id get 95% of the sand you need from dry sand and have someone ship you some live sand from their mature tank to seed your sand... your live rock will also seed hte sand

fihsboy

by fihsboy

live sand.....or 90% of what is sold as *live* sand is just sand with bacteria on it. Most of your critters come from your live rock. They dont usually come from live sand. You can seed your sand with rock......and you would be just fine. caribsea is the way to go. :)

LIVE SAND...

3 posts