One tough algae cleaning job!

3 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

(Click on reply at the top of this post to see pictures.)

My daughter took me to the Denver Aquarium yesterday for my birthday and I had so much fun! What totally cracked me up was the guy in scuba gear cleaning algae off the wall of a tank with a brush LOL I don't think I will ever gripe about having to wipe down my tank walls again, I will feel too appreciative that I don't have to get in the tank. Although I would LOVE to have a tank that big!

This guy was sitting on a ledge with a brush the size of his hand scrubbing the algae. What a job! The fish kept bumping him and checking out what he was doing.

I put all the pictures I took while there in my PhotoBucket site. Can you believe the battery in my camera died just as we started the salt water part?? The last saltwater pic I got was a HUGE puffer fish. These pics are mostly the North America fish. It was cool, they had it set up like you were walking along a river bank. There was rock walls with trees above and the river below. It was like one long river. They also had places like you were at the bottom of a lake (the algae cleaning guy was in there). I can't remember what all the fish were, but will try to figure it out and put titles on the pics soon.
http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd35 ... 0Aquarium/
78a86-100_1995.JPG
71e84-100_1998.JPG

cedricandcandy

by cedricandcandy

Awesome pics dizzcat!!! What a fantastic aquarium...thanks for sharing the pics.

-Candy-

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Your welcome :-) I had a lot of fun yesterday. It was neat being able to use all the fish stuff I have learned the past few years. I could tell male from female, what they were doing, all that. My daughter kept asking what they were doing, why is that one ... why that?... I felt so smart ha ha

3 posts