VISI-JET-PS Protein Skimmer - GARBAGE

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jray0108

by jray0108

I bought a VISI-JET-PS Protein Skimmer by Aquarium Systems online for a 36 gallon bow front I am starting and it seems to be garbage. I bought from Big Als so I have two questions. 1. Has anyone ever returned anything to Big Als, I was wonderring how they are with taking back products and 2. Can someone recommend a decent skimme for the 36. I was trying to stay under $100 and dow an internal or hang on.

Thanks for any help!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I know its more than your looking for.........BUT a remora or remora pro.....check ebay, you can get a used one for well under 100. I would check that out first. Since your just getting started.....you want something that wont act up. Most skimmers have to be (tuned) and if you dont do it right they will overflow like crazy. and flood. and I know you dont want that. The aqua C remora CAN NOT flood. which is a MAJOR plus. I had a prizm and a coralife super skimmer and both flooded the hardwood floors and ruined them......my mom made me fix them with our spare slats...but hey I learned a little on how to lay hardwood floors.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ya i use the mag drvie 3 on my remora pro on my 70 gal, i actually had to get a valve from AquaC because my skimmer was TOO badass haha... even with the collection cup almost all the way up

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Blue I just cleaned mine......JESUS. I hooked up a rio 1700 which is 500 gph....OMG. It wet skims with my collection cup all the way to the top. Its insanely well built, with a great idea behind it.

4 posts