Help with new Hippo Tang

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

mad87man

Help with new Hippo Tang

by mad87man

I bought a hippo tank today to add to my new 120 gallon fish only wit live rock. The tank is cyled so i acclimated him and threw him in. i watched him and he seemed to only sit in the corner then i turned the light off he went next to the overflow and hasn't moved. Is this normal for a new fish to do? He did not eat when i put food in either as he was staring at the glass. Will he eventually do it?Also all my tests r fine

fihsboy

by fihsboy

hes probably stressed out, just dont tap the glass or try to move him around. Let him try to recover himself. He may or may not live. Depending on how much he is stressed. Did you acclimate him? He could be in temperature shock.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

eh he will be fine as long as your temp and chem levels are fine.... all fish do that.. i mean think about it, most of them are from the ocean, if you were 2 inches long and got tossed into a reef wouldnt you be afraid of something that could eat you?? haha prolly is stressin a lil, he will be normal in 3 days, guarantee it. Actually if you "Threw him in" idk if he will be but we willl see..... jus hang tight

fihsboy

by fihsboy

yes sir, nothing you can do after you throw him in. He will be stressed. Just pray he doesnt get ick.....cause then you have a long road ahead.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

like fishboy says, ick maybe a problem, a quarantine tank for 4 weeks stints is a good habit to get into. if you do see that you are getting ick put crushed garlic in their food and dose your tank with tri sulfate tablets,to eliminate before it outbreaks really bad.

Help with new Hippo Tang

5 posts