fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22 posts • Page 1 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fishfreako

fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by fishfreako

hi i got alot of fish since i last came on. my list is- 1 Domino Damsel, 1 Lawnmower Blenny,a valintini puffer, a percula clown, two bubble tip anemones, a starfish, 2 snails, 1 sand sifter snail, camel shrimp, coral beuty, purple tang, 2 hermits, and 2 emerald crabs. alot of fish. should i gat anymore fish?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

how big a tank you got - - -thats a pretty big load - coral beauty and tang will need 70 gallons plus at adulthood - - and watch puffy, he won"t play well with snails, shrimp and crabs

fihsboy

by fihsboy

your camel shrimp will also peck at corals, snails, and inverts such as your starfish. Hopefully your puff will eat him if he gets out of hand. :) nature is beautiful

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

HEY COME ON - i don't really like snails.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

im dying because i want a bigger tank so bad haha....... i want like a 200 gallon.......to just put like 150 lbs of live rock, a nice eel, triggerfish, large angel, big ole wrasse n mayb a lionfish..... and boss's big ass crab haha

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

sorry to say but Sabastian has passsed on .................................the last time he molted he lost the use of one side of his body {some kind of a stroke, maybe?} and after a week or so i found his shell but no crab................im sure the others "burried" him proper with a service and everything..............it was a sad couple days in the Bosses house, everybody loved him - we figure he was about 3 yrs old which is pretty good for a salt water hermit especially his size.

RIP lil buddy

Snowboss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

well crap..... last time i talked about boss's clown, it jumped out and got eaten.... now i talk abotu his crab and it has a stroke..... i better not say anything about his tank..... on the other hand i kinda want to set up a nano tank for my mom in her livingroom..... i know i know prolly a waste of money... too hard to maintain... but id like to give it a shot, you know kinda add some decor to the place....

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol -- - the clown didnt die, he didnt even jump, i found him a week later in the 1st stage of my wet dry filter - -he had spent 5 days on his side in 1/4 inch of running water with no food and was almost bleached white - - i went to grab him out and he started floppin arund like a mad man - - -i tossed him back in the tank and with in a day he had all his color back and was eating like a great white shark ..............................

look at 20 gal long tanks - - i have a 70 dollar walmart stand and i built my own hood............i think its a perfect nano tank, only 12 inches deep so you dont have to go nuts with lighting and 30 inches long so a couple big HOB filters fit on there nicely and theres lots of room for small clowns, damsels or chromis to swim - could prolly get a nice cheap fish FOWLR goin for 500 bucks

Boss

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Boss, sorry to hear about sebastion! BUT now that he has passed and gone to fishey heaven....have you thought about corals???

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

every day man .............everyday lol

actually my 20 got pretty out of control with hair algae while i was building this house {totally my lack of maint} so im getting it under controll right now, and it looks pretty good...............and ive been working on a deal for a 120 with all the fixins from a friend of mine. so if that comes through ill be concentrateing on getting that set up on the new stand i built int the house ....................but yes crals are on the way i am going to set up an area in the tank room in the basement where all the filtration is for the big tank for coral fragging {possably a couple breeder tanks too, not sure yet}- - -might be able to make a little money on the side

Boss

fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22 posts • Page 1 of 3