troubled NEM

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

troubled NEM

by blueshoes2208

hey ya my BTA has done great every since i got it, i jus noticed this morning that it was about, litereally 1/8th its normal size, its tenticles were about half as thick as normal and about a third as long.... it looked dead really.... so i took some pics, let me know if i need to post them...... and now i looked at it, about 12 hours later, and it is still only about half its normal size, the tenticles still arent as long or thick........ the only result that i believe could do anything is my nitrates which are around 25-30. temp is constant, light is on the same cycle it always has been, the water flow has been the same as it always has been, the nem eats whenever i feed it, which is about once every 2 weeks. Not really sure whats goin on???

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

could be unhappy with its spot for some reason blue.
some times they just have a bad day like all of us. give it a couple days and see how he is. one thing is dont play with him. you might think u r helping, but sometimes it makes it worse.
Nems will walk if they are over the spot they dont like anyway. in a couple days and no real signof improvement i would suggest a good water change and see how he goes couple days after that.

newbie916

by newbie916

I agree with Puff. My nem does the same thing and shrinks down probably once every few days. Could be the natural respiration process for them. They will move if they don't like where they are. If you see it start to fall apart is when you should really worry.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

oh yes i know all about him walking around.... started out on the left side of my tank... put the koralia in and he moved under it, then up the freakin glass to the corner of hte tank under it, then up on some rocks... i jsu try to keep my corals out of the way.... this morning he looks healthier than ever... maybe he caught a bug ha

troubled NEM

4 posts