everyones dream.....Need suggestions!!!

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

samik

by samik

So My bestfriends mom has really fallen in love with my 65 reef and 150 fish only. She really want a saltwater tank. I started working a my lfs about 7 months ago. I told her to come in a I would set her up with a tank. Well Yesterday she came in and bought a 150. I talked her into making it a reef. She said that she would like it if I set it up and designed it (rock structure, color of sand bed, etc.) and basically gave me full rights to the tank. she wants me to pick out fish and corals. I love spending money thats not mine. She is really excited, almost as much as me. Does any one have any suggestions about what type of fish or maybe corals to go with. I ordered a 72" T5 aqualife setup has 2 actinics 2 10k's and 6 lunar all on a built in timer. its a really nice light. There are 2 emperor 400's and 1 skimmer. and 4 850gph powerheads. I am letting it sit for about 4 to 5 weeks before I touch it, So if any one has any comments or suggestions let me know. I really want to make it look awsome for her.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Sps baby! I would hook a nice top off unit to the bottom and a calcium reactor. Make it where she can enjoy it and not have to do much maintence. Lady came into the lfs that I go to.......shes single and im freakin ready to mingle..........bought TWO 210 gallon tanks. I almost pissed my pants. bought THREE 400 watt halides to go over each tank.......This lady is running 2400 watts on two tanks..........thats more than a damn ac unit......obviously she had to buy chillers too.......and two 60 gallon sumps......one is going to be a refuge....and one a sump. I personally would put some nice sps in it. Maybe a few meat corals........shrooms at the bottom.........ricordea's are really nice as well as hairy mushrooms.......acans? blastamussas. Purple tang......and maybe a school of green chromis.....im jealous.....

samik

by samik

I really can not waite untill tank cycles through. I have a couple of corals in mind and a couple of schooling fish I would like to try. I was thinking of 5 or 6 pajama cards. a group of maybe 5 jaw fish would look really cool. chromis for sure. I have even thought of maybe doing a group of yellow tangs or maybe another type of tangs. Any suggestions on the school of tangs idea???

fihsboy

by fihsboy

hmm scopas tangs are pretty freaking sweet, and would look nice........but thats a personal preference. I like there coloration. I think 12-15 chromis would look awesome! have you considered a display refugium? Id like to hook up a display refuge.......in a tall cylinder tank.....with sea grass......and seahorses. :) THAT would be freakin cool.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

All this money and no overflows ? all HOB ? Who is going to maintain the tank ?

samik

by samik

I have not yet described the importance of the "overflow" Im trying to introduce her into it slowly. I really do not want to scare her with a ton of info at once. I mean I one day she spent like 1800 dollars. So im trying to let her money supply recover. But I will eventually going in to the refugium and overflow stuff with her.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

aussie polyps and acons - and some sort of cool tangs i know yellows are good tangs but they're "so in everyones tanks" know what I mean???

fihsboy

by fihsboy

scopas! :) Guy here locally is selling acans and aussie lobos for under 15 bucks.....seariously. :) If you have to have him ship it.........your screwed in paying 60 bucks a coral......if you live here......your banking for sure. :)

http://stores.ebay.com/Rods-Insane-Corals

8 posts