Should I get a part time job at a petsore?

21 posts • Page 2 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

The favorite so far.....Ocean by American Museum of Natural History. AWESOME book. lots of info. softback was 25 hardback 55. it has everything from currents to animals to corals to sponges to fish to why dirt is important. why human runoff is hurting. its sweet. Not really a text book.......but a great all around book. Has stuff about salt marshes (aka refugiums) shorlines boat racing overfishing. etc etc etc. Books a million has them. :) in the pet section.....

fihsboy

by fihsboy

So I was sitting in sociology class tonight....and the teacher said we should live our lives like a tree......I thought wtf is he talking about, is he on crack.....Made since though.......
Plant yourself where you are happy, grow with what is given to you, be flexible enough to not break when a wind blows, bury your roots deep enough to not fall over, and dont plant yourself next to someone who is going to chop you down.

zum14

by zum14

this boys deep..... haha just buggin ya. I already got that book coming, cant wait to dig in.

zum14

by zum14

the resume got dropped off today so we will see what happends

adehaan86

by adehaan86

Zum14 you make us proud :) , I would love a petstore job, just got kids and not enough time in day.

zum14

by zum14

thanks, got a call today, going in for an interview on friday! It was pretty good tho i was in talking to my friend and the managers were all around and i was dishing them info on fishless cycleing, no one there has ever heard about it! Not even there manager of the fish department.

adehaan86

by adehaan86

LOL, that's awesome zum14, sounds like your the new manager of the fish department. Best of Luck

fihsboy

by fihsboy

sounds like job security! :)

zum14

by zum14

Well the interview was today, very interesting.... haha ive never had an interview in my life and ive already had 3 jobs, never worked in retail so its kinda new but ya. Ever had them ask you to sell them there scissors??? hahaha i was like ok um well if you want to cut something your going to need sissors, these are light, smooth, stay sharp blah blah blah, haha i think he liked it but who knows. haha all i know is i was laughing at myself for 20 mins or so afterwords, but well jump through the hoops right?? haha i think it went alright overall tho. will know next week wether or not i got it.

zum14

by zum14

well got the job, start next week. should be fun! Thanks for the push.

Should I get a part time job at a petsore?

21 posts • Page 2 of 3