wtf....... bad pictures

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

blueshoes2208

wtf....... bad pictures

by blueshoes2208

how come i cant take a good fucking picture of my tank?? in reality it looks sparkling clear and the light looks perfect, in tthe pictures it looks cloudy and bluish...... this is stupid....... its like impossible for me to take the same picture everyone else can take......... like newbie..... his pic looked awesome....... how do i do that............ the only camera we have is a kodak easyshare dx7590

fihsboy

by fihsboy

From a wedding photographer......turn off all your lights around your tank.make sure your camera is in macro mode...or your F stope is as low as possible. no flash. tripod is ideal....and make sure your color setting is on daylight.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ok i dont understand any of that....... the camera wheel has settings for modes: C, M, S, A, P, a green camera with auto underneath it, a picture of a head, a picture of a runner, SCN, and a book with a heart in hte middle....... idk what htese setting means, on the right of hte screen it says ISO with 80, and at the bottom of the screen starting from left to right is f2.8, 1/500, depending on what i point the camera at it goes from around 2.0 to - 8.3 or so, and hte far right stays at 0.0 , the camera goes to 5.0 megapixels

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Your cammera should do it, do you have the instructions for it ? can you adjust the settings , you should have a flower setting whitch is macro..most of my pictures are set at ISO at 100 - 200 Fstop almost always 3.4 (macro) 1/100 and auto white balance.. For full tank shots stand back a few feet and zoom in a 1/4 of your zoom capabilities..press your button halfway down till it is in foucus , you can slightly move closer or furthe away till the pic looks crisp..then crop the picture..do the same for macro shots....i hope you understand my jiberish.
I have used kodaks for all my pictures since forever..lol drop me a pm if you need more help:)+ 1 to the tripod..its very hard to stay still

adehaan86

by adehaan86

blueshoes try this

try getting room as dark as possible and turn on fish tank lights with NO flash on camera

try getting room bright shut off tank lights then no flash

try room dark tank lights off and flash ON

just try any combo sooner or later it should work I had the same issue

another thing is try a different angle.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ya we dont have a tripod...... i guess i need ot find a manual for it...... idk how to change the ISO, Fstop (whatever that is) and what ever the ratio where mine is set at 1/500

fihsboy

by fihsboy

1/500 is your shutter speed. thats how long the shutter is open to let light in and expose the light sensor. Im not the best teacher.....but ill give it my best. your modes are as follows......as far as I know......M should be manual......S should be shutter priority.......that would mean you set your shutter speed and your camera chooses the rest.......A is aperture priority......this is what I shoot in ALL the time....unless im trying to get creative. Aperture priority means you set the aperture......which is your depth of field.........the larger the number......the more in focus......the smaller the number the less depth of field......it only focuses on what you want....I dont know your camera.......but you should be able to go into your menu....and change your ISO........now realize the higher you set it....the faster the shutter speed which is good.........BUT the less quality. you have to find the happy medium. I shoot at ISO 50 as much as possible........so I dont get ANY noise.(Speckles) after you figure out your ISO you want to make sure your color balance is correct. with the lighting you have..........daylight will probably be the best. Auto will try to compensate and make it bluish im sure........which is probably your problem. If you set it to Daylight or the sun looking icon.......it should take care of that. I have a TON more.....but see what you can do.....you can get a tripod at walmart for 10-20 bucks. :) It will do.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

hummmm very good info now i jus gotta go find out hwo to actualyl chnage the numbrs...... like on hte settings you said above it makes all the other numbers grey accept one number and it turns it orange with an arrow pointing to it but i dont know how to chance that number.... humm.... lets see i took a BRIEF lesson in photography in high school............. when people set their camera on a moving tripod and get on a hill and take one long picture of a city and it looks like all the lights are moving, that is when they leave hte shutter on all night correct?

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

the problem I run into with shutter speed is my camera has problems focusing even under macro (flower icon) when its approaching 1/90. 1/45 and in the preview focus the photo is nearly blacked out. I too use a mid-range ISO, typically 200. I hate trying to take pictures of tetras. Its almost impossible. Its like they have camera ESP and always go in motion when the camera is within 2 feet of the tank.

But generally when people shoot highways at night or w/e it takes a max of 30 seconds to get that ghosting sort of thing.

This was my girlfriend and her niece on memorial day a couple years ago, shutter was probably open 4-5 seconds.

http://bournereality.deviantart.com/art ... s-59182011

jweb

by jweb

taking tank pictures is a pain in the ass. i have good knowledge of cameras and ive been taking pictures of my tank for about a year and i just recently got a perfect picture of a stable object lol. it is just hard to get the perfect shot. the camera wants to do one thing, but you have to make it do the right thing to get that perfect shot.

wtf....... bad pictures

11 posts • Page 1 of 2