mated pair of maroon clowns

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

memphis

by memphis

what is with my clowns putting the tails in the sand and shaking it all up. looks like there doing a burn out. does any one else have clowns that do this. if so what are they doing it for.

gldntrmite

by gldntrmite

I've got a pair of Ocelarus clowns however haven't seen anything like that out of them. Only had my tank 4 months now so i'll let you know if i see the same out of mine.

memphis

by memphis

i just go my pair bout a week ago. my female has been doing it since day one but now the male has been doing the last couple of days

fihsboy

by fihsboy

yeah....they shake a lot vibrate rub up on eachother snuggle together at night lay upsidedown on the sand mine also lay completly verticle on the seems of the aquarium.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

SEX DANCE
They do that to show off and impress the other one.

memphis

by memphis

good i want them to mate. i swear every time i look at the tank they are doing it. does this mean they are getting ready to breed

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Not necessarily, one might be telling the other he or she is more dominant. But i think u are closer to breeding then before they started the dancing

newbie916

by newbie916

My Maroon does that to push the sand around and he does it inside my anemone to clean it out. He actually built an opening by doing his Wiggle dance for my anemone. Bastered loves that anemone sooo much that he bites the shit out of me everytime I put my hand in the tank.

8 posts