Spawning!

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

Spawning!

by fihsboy

YAY! I know they are just limpits....but it was cool as hell. They were all towards the top of the tank on the rocks and they were all shooting sperm and eggs into the water. It was freaking sweet. It happened about 4:30 in the afternoon too....but hey whatever man! It was freakin sweet! I dont have pics. :( Sorry guys! aiptasia is getting outta control......gotta get some peppermint shrimp. Do they eat amphipods? Copepods?

newbie916

by newbie916

That's cool, it's always nice when animals start reproducing in our tanks. That means we're doing a decent job. I have 6 peppermint shrimp and I believe they do eat pods, but I have so many that it's not an issue. They would rather go after the other food I feed my tank. However, they haven't eaten all of my aiptasia. I still have to kill the buggers with aiptasia control once a month. They have reduced them though.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

sweet...no pics huh....hahaha that sucks....

gldntrmite

by gldntrmite

I've got 6 peppermint shrimp in my 200 and they haven't touched a single aiptasia yet. I just purchased the aiptasia control but i'm giving them a few more days before i blast them.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

it took my shrip a few weeks to eat them but he did , once they where gone the little shit started eating the food out of my corals mouth....:) could you guys have curlycues ? i dont know if it matters or not ?

gldntrmite

by gldntrmite

curlycues?

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

gldntrmite

by gldntrmite

Ok, yes i have some of those as well as aiptasia. Just didn't know what they were until now!! LOL

fihsboy

by fihsboy

all mine are curly cues. whats the best way to rid them? They are sprouting up everywhere. I was using pickling lime.....because thats what the lfs uses..but its obviously not helping.

Spawning!

9 posts