White spot Please HELP!

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

GONZAIMAKI

White spot Please HELP!

by GONZAIMAKI

I went home one night and find out that I have a major fish kill. The only survivor was my hawk fishes and inverts. I bought some starter fish again to find out the cause (if the hawk fishes are killing them) i found out that their fins starts to rot and a slimy white spots begins to grow in their bodies. They swim normally but I noticed that one by one my fish died. now their body is full of white spots. Is there a natural way to get rid of the problem. I hate putting chemicals to my tank, it is only 4 months old.
Thanks..

tangerine

by tangerine

let yr tank be fishless for 6weehs for the ich parasites to die off. they require fishes as host for their life cycle.

samik

by samik

I agree with tangerine I would go fishless. but If you do not want to wait that long "no-ick" is a really good treatment. it is copper free and coral safe. I got rid of my ick in like 2 todays. I would also run a starilzer for a while to clean the water.

GONZAIMAKI

by GONZAIMAKI

Yes, Thanks..After some readings i found out that fishless for atleast a month will solve my problem and a freshwater or QT treatment for the new fishes in the future. I've learned my lesson now.
But I wanna blame the system of buying saltwater fishes here in our area. Very cheap but very dangerous!
We live in an archipelago here, so salt water fishes here is not a problem, over fish is the problem. too many competition for cheap fish stores resulting to very poor fishes in the market. They tend to over crowd tanks with untreated fishes literary coming directly from the sea to the tank to buyers on one same day. Can you imagine that.
Less time the fishes stays in their aquarium the less chances of fish kill for them (LFS) so they intend to sell fishes at a very low low price with very little chance of survival and take note no LAW here related the this problem.

White spot Please HELP!

4 posts