Could someone ID the following items in my Reef Tank?

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

gdeeber

by gdeeber

I have been having a problem with this red hair algae. I don't think it is cyno bacteria because it is on the rocks and my fans which cyno will not grow in high flow area. The other pictures are of some white feather duster looking thinks but they are in a colony type form and they just apeared over night. Any help would be appreciated.
c1a85-Pink Algae.jpg
23688-unknow pom poms.jpg
6e2b3-Unkown Pom Pom 2.jpg

gdeeber

by gdeeber

gumbii

by gumbii

can't really tell what those little things are... but it looks like a tunicate i have in my tank... but i don't know... i would need a more detailed picture...

the algae is just red algae... you could leave it alone, or get some guys to munch on that stuff... like emeral crabs, a sea hare... other stuff... but it's somewhat of a healthy algae... sometimes it incrust like coraline algae... good luck...

gdeeber

by gdeeber

gumbii:

Do you think the colony of feather dusters could be Hydroids? If so what would be the best approach to eradicate them? There are hundreds of them all on one rock and I never noticed them until a day or so ago. As you can see they are very small and hard to tell if they are feather dusters or something else.

4 posts