missing fish

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

missing fish

by blueshoes2208

okay idk if i didnt learn my lesson last time a fish jumped out of what.... bout me an orange spotted goby the other day... healthiest fish ive ever seen, extrememly busy in the store moving sand, put him in my tank 3 days ago, went in fine and went to the bottom, yesterday i added about 10 lbs of rock that ive been curing for like 3 weeks, and since i bought him i havent seen the fish... ive looked EVERYWHERE around the tank and found no dead fish, theres no dead fish smell but i cant find him in my tank to save my life, i figured he would come up to at least eat with the other fish but i havent seen him... kinda worried, what do u guys think..... and yes my acclimation went fine i used the float method like all my other fish

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lots of places to hide with all that rock for one - - - if he died in the tank the cleaner crew would make quick work of his carcass...........im hopin the lil fella is just hidin out on ya though \

Boss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ya i know........ what are the chances that when i was rearranging my rock that he got crushed??

breaknrun911

by breaknrun911

no chance. unless you just dropped your new rock into the tank i have a panda goby small lil sucker and i have trouble finding him but when i do add rock he moves directly out of the way. if you have decent size holes in your rock he could very well be camping out inside one of them best of luck to you

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

thanks man, i actually designed my rockwork to have holes so that my fish can swim through them, at night i have 6 fish averaging 2-3 inches and i cant find all but one of them, and i can only find him because he sleeps in a nem. Kinda makes me mad that i cant find that fish though, he was the coolest little sucker, made a mansion under a rock at the lfs

newbie916

by newbie916

I had a Bi color blenny that disappeared one day after having him for months. I never found him, even after I bought a new setup and moved everything. I think he pissed someone off in my tank and got eaten. Probably by my Pink Bubble tip, which is the size of a football.Anyways, I hope you find him. He could be in one of your rocks. My cleaner wrasse disappears for days at a time and pops out of a few hiding spots.

missing fish

6 posts