Help me name them!

4 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

dizzcat

Help me name them!

by dizzcat

Hey everyone, a little help here. I am having a brain fart and cannot come up with a name.

I picked up 2 very little Acei today, hoping at least one grows up to be a boy LOL. I choose the two that show some blue in their dorsal already, and strong egg spots. When my girls were that small (hard to believe they were that small!) they had very bright yellow dorsals with no signs of blue and no egg spots. Males have light blue in their dorsal fins and stronger egg spots. My girls all have pure yellow fins and small egg spots. One little guy is ornery already, vibrating and everything! I have high hopes for this one! They are still too little to vent. All three of my big girls have held. They actually spawn with each other, then swallow the eggs after a couple days when they don't hatch.

So, my girls are now 5" and these little guys are 1 1/2" I never realize how large my fish have grown till I get one I think is big and put it in the tank!

Their names have a theme, you see, and I need a name that goes with this theme that is a male type name.

The females:
Bumble
Bee
Honey

New males:
Bear
and ???? What can I call him that fits??

Hit reply to see the new kids :-)
Pic 1) The new kids, Acei. The big heads of new OB Zebra and Ice Blue
Pic 2) My sweeeeeet new Red Top Hongi he's still little at 2"
Pic 3) My new Betta for my planted tank. My little buddy (he's 5) picked him out. He had one, but said it was "angry" and put it back! Maybe the kid knew something, it probably would have been too aggressive.
63cd9-100_1268.JPG
74bf9-100_1275.JPG
64c89-100_1285.JPG

kelbri

by kelbri

What about Pooh or Pot (honey pot) lol. Perhaps a type of bear, like Grizzly or Polar.

Nice looking little ones.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I think I may name him BooBoo as in Yogi and Booboo. Thought of that because the other little one picked on him so bad I had to put him in the fry tank for awhile. So he has booboo's LOL

kelbri

by kelbri

LOL, that's a great name, going with the theme, and the booboo's.

Help me name them!

4 posts