white spots on yellow tang now

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jeff

by jeff

I had black spots on the yellow tang. They are since gone because of fresh water dips...maybe. Now I have white spots on my fish ,what is the best way to get rid of then if it is ich. He is quarentined also. He also seems to be stressed out

Tien6079

by Tien6079

I have been struggling with ich as well. Copper will kill it, but do not use it if you have corals. Copper will kill the ich, but can be hard on the fish as well, leaving them open to other health issues...I found out the hard way. Lower your salt levels to about 1.012 and raise the temperature a few degrees and that will help.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

hypo salinity is the least stress full on the fish. lowering the salinity gradually to around 1.012 like tein, said.
never use copper in a invert coral tank, IT WILL KILL THEM
in quarantine you can use copper treatments but they are potent if unchecked.
garlic is a good immune builder, and often fish die not from the ich but a secondary infection.
My friend just got over the ich using a Trisulfate tablets made for aquariums. and it seems to have worked really well. it worked over a week period, and nearly a month on no spots.
Keep the stress of the fish as low as possible, in a room with low traffic and low lighting, this keeps the fish calm. its been proven that raising the heat has no effect except stressing th fish.
Last edited by puffedupseagull on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

never use coral in an invert coral tank?? huh im confused there puff, u mean never use copper???

kelbri

by kelbri

Haha, don't use coral in a coral tank. To funny...

In regards to the heat, it does speed up the hatching of the ich parasites in FW, which is what you want since you can only kill them in their free swimming form. Does this not work the same with SW ich?

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

YEAH YEAH LAUGH IT UP hahahahaLOL
I was drunk when i made post
I meant never use copper in a coral or invert tank.
BLUEY HEY LITTLE SO AND SO
I FIXED THE POST

6 posts