temp. fuge idea??

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

temp. fuge idea??

by blueshoes2208

what if i took a 3 litre coke bottle, set it up with sand, rock and some algae then put an airline hose running from the tank and set the bottle way below the tank... when the bottle fills up with water have another hose running back into the tank and use the pressure from the bottle filling up to put water back into the tank???

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

try it, wont have any ill effects i dont think

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

damn i just thought about something...... the only way i know how to start the flow would be to suck on the tube until it comes out so that the force of gravity would take over... but that means id have to make a seal so hte water wouldnt come out BEFORE it filled up with water.... idk how i would do that...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Blue I dont exactly get what your saying...no power at all would be perpetual motion...which is impossible. No matter how you siphon or gravity feed....it isnt possible without at least one pump...you could.....get a two liter feed it with a pump and let it drain back into the tank....but I dont get your idea completly.

jweb

by jweb

Yea, its not going to be a perpetual water movement if the tubes lead right back into the tank. The only way to possibly do that would be to have the out tube going all the way to the bottom of the tank and thesuction tube being at the top of the water line. I still doubt that will work though, because the water in the tank is stationary which will prohibit the constant flow of water because the water pressure is the same and not greater.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

what if i had a bigger hose going into teh bottle than the one going out of the bottle, that would make more flow going into the bottle making more pressure for the water to go back up the airline tubing into the tank

fihsboy

by fihsboy

What I would recommend......get a maxi jet 600....tube it to the fuge and let it drip back into the tank. Make sure your fuge is above your display....you will get better pods that way. I dont thing it would matter how you did it...the pressure in either tube would be the same. Unless you were putting the excess water into a seperate container. My thought is what goes up must come down....but what goes down doesnt have to come up......

temp. fuge idea??

7 posts