blenny on a diet

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

blenny on a diet

by Snowboss4492

well i made the mistake of thinking a lawnmower blenny was a green hair algae eater - - -turns out the lil fella don't like it at all, so although he has cleaned pretty much anything other than this friggin crazy hair algae he's getting a little thin...............ive tried wilted lettuce and he doesn't seem interested in that either ..................any odeas on what to suppliment him with before this gets to a starvation situation ????

thanks people

the Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

dried algae sheets.....he should go right after it.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

fishboy is on it, go to the local grocer and buy the NORI sheets they use on sushi in any supermarket isle.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

very good ill get some today and see what he thinks of it ............thanks !!!!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

As for your hair algae. Do you have any small hermits besides sebastion? If not grab a few blue leg, they devoured it out of my tank.

gdeeber

by gdeeber

Snowboss:

I have a sail fin blenny and he will not eat the nori sheets but he does eat Spurlina brine shrimp. You can try that if the Nori sheets don't work.

P.S. blennies will eat hair algae when it first starts to grow but if it gets long or thick they will not touch it. So if you can get rid of the stuff now your blenny will keep it down in the future

blenny on a diet

6 posts